This non-profit clinic is looking for a career-minded and passionate individual to join our team and help improve the quality of life of companion animals and to help reduce the homeless pet population through spay/neuter. The individual will be responsible providing quality patient care and support all surgical patients as well as assist with the maintenance of preventative health programs while adhering to all medical protocols.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Promote the humane care and treatment of animals at all times.
• Assist Veterinarian in the pre-op examination of patients.
• Prepare all patients for surgical sterilizations (roughly 25-35 patients per day)
• Monitor patients post-op to ensure appropriate recovery and healing.
• Inoculate patients.
• Ensure cleanliness of office for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease.
• Stay current and research trends pertaining to safe and efficacious medical protocols.
• Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible pet ownership.
• Provide high quality service to all clients, volunteers and staff.
• Adhere to goals, objectives, methods and costs necessary to accomplish the mission of the organization.
• Maintain an open door policy and provide direction and support to staff members.
• Meet with Veterinarian monthly to establish and discuss scheduled goals and key objectives.
• Ability to work four 10-hour days a week, including Saturday.
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day with help
• Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly
• Veterinary Technician Certification a plus
• 1-2 years experience functioning in a veterinary surgical environment (high-volume of spay and neuter surgeries a plus)
• High energy and inspirational attitude
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating within all levels of business; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse community
• Demonstrated ability to drive results and strong commitment to client service
• Proven problem solving skills and an ownership mentality.
• Bilingual preferred, not required.
Position is Hourly. Based on knowledge level in high volume field.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time Four 10 hour days. Must be able to work Saturday.
Required Education: High school or equivalent. CVT a plus.
Required Experience: Veterinary Technician: 1 year
Great to have experience: Avimark